Thursday

Taste Test Thursday - Protein Waffles


I asked for this recipe from my friend, Julie 2 years ago, and finally made them for the first time yesterday! They are a healthy and good waffle! Here is my breakfast - which was yummy and filling - I topped it with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of blueberries...And here is the easy peasy recipe!

Protein Waffles

1/3 cup oats (I used Quick Oats)
1/3 cup cottage cheese dry curds (shown)
1/3 cup egg whites (I did 1 cup measurements for all of the above; 1 cup of egg whites was 7 large eggs)
1 tsp. Vanilla
Sweetner to taste
- I used 2T. of the following Z Sweet Sweetner - not something I keep on hand always, but our favourite Discount Store had bags of this at 2 for $1, so we bought about 10 - should have bought more!

Add everything to your blender and blend well. Let stand for a few minutes until thick - while you warm your waffle iron up. Store in the fridge or freeze a large batch.

I made this recipe using 1 cup of each of the 3 main ingredients, 2T 'sugar', and 1T vanilla - which made about 3 waffles (4 squares each).

Enjoy and if you have a recipe to share today - link up to Encouragement for Today!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thanks for posting. I'll have to try the recipe.

I realized that I don't have your link on my list on this blog yet. Will do.

Will you post more often on here now?